Dave Schmitt has over 32 years’ proven experience in the practice application of civil engineering and leadership skills to direct the multifaceted project. In the early 2000’s, Mr. Schmitt decided to take his professional service in another direction and start his own private practice. In 2006, Mr. Schmitt established Dave Schmitt Engineering and has led it since its inception.
Mr. Schmitt learned early that reputation means everything when providing consulting services. He focuses on providing exceptional work for clients at fair prices and maintaining open lines of communications which helped establish his impeccable reputations as a professional engineer.
Over the past 14 years, Dave has led a variety of development projects throughout the southeast and aboard. Mr. Schmitt is an expert in Land Development, client relations, and Project Management. He also has extensive experience with industrial, commercial, residential, and healthcare projects. His proactive and hands-on approach has earned him the utmost respect from clients and peers alike.
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Miami
Bruce Taylor is Dave Schmitt Engineering’s Senior Project Manager and Head of the Quality Control department. Bruce is a registered professional engineer with the State of Florida as well as a certified stormwater inspector.
He’s an accomplished engineer with extensive background knowledge of governmental requirements and private enterprise. He has been and continues to be responsible for managing various engineering projects with a strong emphasis on land development, plan production, and permitting. He has over 20 years of experience in construction, procurement, and land development which includes 5 years in the public sector and 15 years in the private sector as a civil engineer. His public service included serving as the project liaison with the Federal Department of Defense. Private sector work includes site master planning, design and permitting for large commercial and residential land development projects
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of South Florida
Chris Schmitt oversees the company’s construction management department.
He has over 5 years of experience as a construction administrator. His experience includes the review of shop drawings, field conflict resolutions, monitoring project construction schedules with the client, reviewing project as-built drawings, and general construction administration. Chris plays an essential part in the project closeout process. Preparing and completing documents required for review and clearance of DEP and WMD permits, along with obtaining a project certificate of completion and final acceptance by regulating agencies.
- 3 Years as Water/Wastemater Maintenance Mechanic at the National Park Service in the Everglades National Park
- 3 Years as a Designer at Dave Schmitt Engineering
- 1 Year as Lead Designer at Dave Schmitt Engineering
- Bachelors Degree of Science in Environmental Sciences from American Military University
- 9 Years of Administrative Experience
- 3 Years as Executive Assistant to President of Company
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from University of Central Florida (Anticipated May 2022)
- Associate of Arts Degree in General Studies from Valencia College
- 3 Years of Permitting at Dave Schmitt Engineering
- 6 Years of Marketing Experience
- 8 Years of Customer Service
- Master of Science in Management – Concentration in Human Resource, Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Environmental Science, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- I Love Pink
- Over 10 years of financial/billing experience
- I have never had a broken bone and I spend way too much money on Starbucks and handbags.
- 1 year Cad Technician
- Over 15 years of experience as an architect and urban developer, designing civil and land development sets of conceptual, preliminary, and final plans, and manage several types of projects, as well as to work on permitting, feasibilities, and due diligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and Urbanism – 1992, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ/Brazil
- MBA in Environmental Management – 2005, Faculdades Tancredo Neves – SP / Brazil
- Berto likes to travel and reads books, but he also always been a sports person and since very young used to play soccer, basketball, volleyball and lately, tennis. His new challenge is to play golf. “If one day I become as good player in golf as I used to be in basketball, I will be very glad.”
- Over 30 years of experience in the land development and residential home building industry.
- Her experience includes managing warranty issues, providing field supervision for the site and building construction, preparing agency permitting submissions, and finalizing project closeout documents.
- 7 Years Oil & Natural Gas Pipeline Construction.
- 2 Years Pipeline & Underground Utility Surveying
- 1 Year Construction Technician
- Associate of Science Degree in Safety Technology from Nicholls State University (Anticipated December 2021)
- 1 year in Civil engineering performing drainage and utility calculations using various software such as ICPR, WaterCAD, & StormCAD. Also preparing due diligence reports for land development.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University
- MS in Engineering/Industrial Management, University of South Carolina
- More than 23 years of experience serving public and private sector clients in the United States and South America. My main focus since 2000 has been in solving challenges in Drainage/Hydraulics, stormwater management, calculating hydrology, drainage systems, and dimensions of hydraulic structures along with project planning. I have served as Project Manager and overseen several large-scale development projects in the United States and South America.
- Master’s degree in Water Resources
- Duties included administration work.
- Answering phones, data entry has in payroll and invoices.
- Filing papers in binders. Being the face and voice when clients come or call.
- I love being with my kids when off work and also enjoy traveling.